City of Auburn

Auburn Michigan

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I pay taxes and/or water bill with a credit/debit card?

We accept checks, money orders and cash at City Hall. However, you now have the ability to view and pay utility & tax bills online using your credit/debit card. Please visit our Utility Payments page for more information. 

Where do I pay my taxes?

City Hall located at:

113 E. Elm Street
Auburn, MI 48611

What day is trash pick up?

Wednesdays are trash pick up for the City of Auburn. Waste Management starts pickup around 7:00 AM. Please put your trash out the night before or by 7:00 AM.

Who do I call if my trash is not picked up?

Waste Management, they can be reached at 1-800-796-9696

Is trash pick-up delayed due to holidays?

Sometimes, please check the holiday trash pick-up schedule shown on the Waste Management Web Page.

How do I dispose of old/unused paint, Oil, Batteries, Chemicals, leaves, branches, grass clippings, etc.?

Please check out the Waste Management Web Page.

How do I contact City Commission Members?

Commission members receive mail at City of Auburn, Attn: (Council person name), 113 E. Elm Street, Auburn, MI 48611. For email and phone information view the City Commission page on this site.

Where do I get a dog & cat license?

The City of Auburn is not currently issuing animal licenses. Licenses may be purchased at any participating veterinarian or municipal office, Bay County Animal Control or the Bay County Treasurer’s office.  You must bring in a current rabies vaccine for the animal you are wishing to purchase a license for.

Where do I file a Freedom of Information request?
  • Requests to inspect or obtain copies of public records prepared, owned, used, possessed or retained by the City of Auburn must be submitted in writing.
  • A request must sufficiently describe a public record so as to enable the City to find it.
  • No specific form to submit a written request is required. However a FOIA Request form for your use and convenience is available on the City Clerk webpage of this site.
  • Written requests can be made in person by delivery to any City office in person or by mail.
  • Requests can also be made by facsimile by dialing 989-662-0240.
  • A request may also be submitted by e-mail. To ensure a prompt response, e-mail requests should contain the term “FOIA” or “FOIA Request” in the subject line and be sent to the City Clerk.

Note: If you are serving a sentence of imprisonment in a local, state or federal correctional facility you are not entitled to submit a request for a public record.

For more information regarding FOIA Requests including response times, fees, forms and more, please visit the City Clerk page.

Who should I call to report vandalism to City property or damaged equipment in City parks?
Who do I report burned out streetlights, traffic signals not properly working or dangerous sidewalks to?

Please contact Public Works/City Hall at 989-662-6761. In an emergency please call 911.